How to Download and Install Latest iOS 13 on iPhone and iPod
After being in the beta testing for two months, iOS 13 final build is finally available to download and install. This new iOS OS has some cool features that make this OS much more exciting for iPhone and iPod users to install. This is also the first update from Apple when iPads won’t receive iOS; instead, it will get brand new iPadOS. While iOS 13 is already here, iPadOS will take another week or two. If you are an iPad user, hang tight because you will also get a brand new OS which is made especially for iPads. Coming back to the iOS 13, this latest incarnation of iOS got some impressive features. Here is a quick rundown of all the latest iOS 13 features coming to iPhones and iPods.
Latest iOS 13 Features
- System-wide Dark Theme: iOS 13 has finally got a system-wide dark mode which you can activate from display settings in the settings app. This will make all system-level apps as well as many third-party apps dark themed. Apple is also introducing a new API which will allow app developers to integrate this feature natively.
- Upgraded Reminder App: The reminder app on iOS 13 gets a brand new look along with many productivity features.
- Upgraded Photo app: The photo app on iOS 13 also got a revamped. Not just the look and UI of the app got improved; it also now has many cool features. Features such as new editing tool for image and videos, smart photo previews to show best photos in last year, month and week, and many others.
- Brand New Map: Map app on the iOS 13 also got an upgrade. Map app can now show more information to make your direction more interesting. Apple has introduced a new feature called ‘Look Around’ that offers a 3D creation of buildings and landmarks for a real-life reference.
- Privacy Features: Apple is known to respect users privacy and to take it one step further, Apple has announced many privacy features with the new iOS 13. The ‘Sign In with Apple’ is Apple’s brand new feature that lets you securely sing to websites using your Apple id, touch id, and face id without sharing your real email address.
- A new keyboard app that allows swipe-type just like Gboard app on Android.
- A new health-centric app.
iOS 13 Supported Devices
The latest iOS 13 is not just for the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max. Even if you own an iPhone from 2-3 years back, you can still install the latest iOS 13. This is one of the best reason why I respect Apple. They try to support a device with software updates as long as the hardware allows. Following are the iPhone and iPod devices that can install iOS 13 today.
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPod touch 7th Generation
If you own any of the above devices, you can go ahead and follow the guide to install iOS 13.
How to Install iOS 13 on iPhone and iPod
There are two methods for installing the latest iOS 13 on iPhone and iPod. One is from the settings page on your iPhone and the second is by using iTunes on Windows and Mac.
How to Install iOS 13 From the Settings Page
Installing iOS 13 doesn’t wipe your personal data from your phone. But to be on the safer side, it is adviced that you create a complete back up of your data before proceeding.
- Open Settings app on your iPhone or iPod and navigate to General > Software Update.
- This will initiate a process to check if the latest version of iOS is ready to install. Wait a few seconds for your iPhone to find the update.
- Tap on the Download and Install button.
- To download iOS 13, you need to have a WiFi connection. It won’t download on mobile data.
- Once the download starts, it may take somewhere between a few minutes to an hour depending your internet speed.
- Once the download is complete, you will see an Install button. Tap on that.
- Give your iPhone or iPod a few minutes to install the iOS 13. Once the installation is done, your phone will restart automatically.
Congrats! your phone now has iOS 13 installed
How to Install iOS 13 Using iTunes from Windows and Mac
If you choose to use iTunes on your Windows or Mac computer to install iOS, you can do so. Before you proceed, you must create a complete backup of your personal data just to be on the safer side.
- Download and install iTunes on your computer from here. If you have iTunes installed, then skip this step.
- Open iTunes and connect your iPhone or iPod to your Windows and Mac using the charging cable came with your phone.
- On iTunes, you will see your device icon on the top-left corner side of your screen.
- From the left pane in iTunes, click on Summary.
- You will see a ‘Check for Update ‘ option on the right pane in iTunes.
- Click on Download and Install option when it shows up and follow the on-screen instructions to install iOS 13.
This is how you easily install the latest iOS 13 on all supported iPhone and iPods. This new version of iOS 13 comes with many features that will leave a long impression on users. Anyway, we hope you found this article useful and was able to install iOS 13 without any hassle. If you have a question or faced any problem, drop a comment, and we will help you with everything we can. We will really appreciate if you share this post on your Facebook, Twitter, and other social media handles.